You've been living the single life for a while, and now that you've got your eye on a certain someone, you realized that while you may be ready for sex, your bedroom may not be ready to be the seduction palace of your dreams.
While your new romance is still in the flirtation stage is a good time to get ready for things to get intimate in the bedroom. A "fung shui" interior design practice is to clear out a space for something new to fill it. So getting ready for a new sexual relationship is a great way to help facilitate a new intimacy.
There are few "dos" and "don'ts" that you should remember:
1. Do get rid of the piles of junk that you've got stacked in the corners of your room. File personal documents in your office. Fill some bags of old clothes and accessories to give to charity.
2. Do consider buying new sheets, pillows and curtains for your bedroom. If you can't afford to buy new, have them professionally dry cleaned.
3. Don't sleep with the laundry. When it comes out of the dryer, fold it and put it away in the closet. If it doesn't fit, it's time to sort out your closet. There's no reason to leave your laundry in a pile on your bed to snuggle with every night.
4. Do put away all of the photographs of your old boyfriends. And move your Grandma's photo from your nightstand to the top of your dresser.
5. Don't let your pet become a stand-in for a lover. Make sure they have a specific spot on the bed or a pillow in the room where they sleep. You shouldn't spoon with your cat or dog.
6. Don't sleep in your sister's old pajama bottoms and a Hansen T-shirt. Buy new sexy lingerie or a nightgown to sleep in even when you're alone.
7. Do make sure the room has candles that will scent the room, and lights that can be turned down to create a sexy mood.
8. Don't let the dust bunnies stay under the bed. Dust, sweep, mop and vacuum every surface in the room.
9. Do buy new condoms and lubrication. Check the expiration dates on the condoms you have just in case it's been longer than you think.
10. Don't leave your sex toys on your night stand. Sex toys and lubes need to be introduced to a new relationship. Create a place where you can store them within reach of the bed.