Monday, January 26, 2015
Everyone knows that the holidays were a stressful time of year. Now that they’re gone, let’s re-focus by channeling all that stress into positive energy. Below are 7 tantric secrets to heat things up and give a truly lasting impression for your partner, here’s how:
1. Breathe! Most women lose their orgasm because they forget to exhale. Remember the “OoooHHHs”, “AHHHs” and OMGs!
2. Be open to new ideas, loosen up and relax. Pick a new position to try with your lover and let your imagination run wild. Try a Nuru massage. It’s an ancient Japanese form of body on body passion that’s sure to loosen you up. Wet’s Nuru Massage Gel Kit comes complete with massage gel, a protective sheet and an instructional DVD.
3. Surrender to your body’s emotions and feelings: Try a steamy shower or aromatic bath together and watch the sparks fly. Massage each other with Wet® Platinum® Silicone-Based Lubricant™ -- It works in the water, it’s guaranteed never to get sticky and it never dries so it leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized. Caution: Very Slippery!
4. Connect with your partner: Try a blindfold and just feel each other; you’ll be more in tune with touch and profoundly deepen your connection.
5. Work out your sexual muscles: Doing so will help you gain control, make sex more exciting and give you greater control over your orgasms. Yoga and Pilates for your pelvic floor will bring the “umph” back into your life.
6. Hydrate and energize by integrating the kitchen/pantry: Find foods and liquids in the kitchen to put a glow back into sex. Fresh fruit like berries, kiwi, bananas, and mangoes are just a start or, try a Wet® Flavored® Gel Lubricant™ like watermelon, kiwi strawberry and wild blueberry, they are sugar-free, colorless, non-staining, kosher and latex friendly.
7. Quit the doldrums of sex and make the event as special as can be. Choose a day of the week or month that you can turn your attention to your partners every need. This will be the sacred moment that can intensify your orgasm. And, don’t forget to heat things up with Wet® Warming® Gel Lubricant™—especially when it’s snowing outside.
Sometimes I can’t believe I ever had breast cancer. That’s what I want to tell all those sisters that heard the same words as I did, “its cancer/it’s malignant!” Because I feel absolutely GREAT today, I made it through that dark tunnel to a light on the other side I never dreamt possible. So, hang in there breast cancer survivors—life gets better and better –just be strong and take it one step at a time.
I had been going to a very well respected and recommended breast surgeon diligently every 6 months for years. It was strange that I felt a small lump under my arm and close to my right breast and scheduled a special visit for the Dr. to examine it. She assured me not to worry that she’s seen this type of cyst throughout her entire career and it was absolutely benign. She kept telling me it was nothing--for four years—and I listened, until it got so big that I couldn’t shave under my arm without nicking the lump and bleeding.
So, on January 5, 2010 I had elective surgery to remove the lump. Then I received that dreaded call…the one from the Dr. saying, “this is the worst mistake, I’ve ever made. The lump was malignant and we need to go back in and remove the lymph nodes to ensure it hasn’t spread.” The next week, I was under the knife once again and found myself thrown into a new world I had no experience with at all. The dreaded word I had feared all my life—with every routine mammogram, ultrasound and mammogram. CANCER!
I am a “baby boomer workaholic”. I run my own public relations agency in Houston, and I wasn’t prepared for the physical and emotional wallop that came following my breast cancer diagnosis. After undergoing a lumpectomy, lymph node removal surgery and six weeks of radiation, I was exhausted. But the tipping point came after I started a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) treatment-Tamoxifen, which caused my estrogen levels to decrease. I was robbed of all of my estrogen. I had this horrible depression and normally I’m the happiest person in the world.
I immediately experienced a depression I had never known—stopped eating and lost a tremendous amount of weight. At 4’10” and 94lbs my entire life –I didn’t have much to lose. But my weight steadily declined along with my strength and that was tough. It was even tougher because my life needed to remain ‘business as usual’-- I didn’t want my clients or employees to know I was undergoing treatment –I didn’t want them to know I had cancer-- as I was certain they wouldn’t understand and I believed they would think I couldn’t get the job done. So, I continued working and traveling at the same pace.
Passing out at a client appointment and a day in the ER at M.D. Anderson was absolutely the tipping point. It served as my wake-up call. Changes needed to be made. And needed to be made fast. I was dying. Literally. My weight was down to 78 lbs and I had no strength to move. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I saw a ghost—a ghost that was so boney and dried out-- I was embarrassed. Immediate action needed to be taken.
In addition to stopping the SERM treatment (with my doctor’s approval), I knew the best way to get out of the funk was to stay focused on the future, my wonderful children, my career and to improve my diet. I worked my way through it and just started eating well. Food was important—I ate a lot to get my strength back up. I had juice daily and filled up on fresh fruits and vegetables. Today, 3 years later I am finally back to myself-- I’m healthy, feel great and I no longer suffer from depression. I have time to relax. Once or twice a year I go to a yoga retreat, sit quietly and contemplate life. The diagnosis has made me think maybe there is something else I need to do in life.
I am now 55 years old and my journey thank goodness has a wonderful ending—or beginning I should say-- as I met my husband in the hospital and he asked me to marry him during treatment –UNBELIEVABLE!
Suzy’s top tips for refueling your tank:
- Chug your greens and fruits. I bought a Vita-Mix and make vitalizing juice concoctions with organic kale, tomatoes, cucumbers and celery, strawberries, banana, apple, flax and chia seeds. “I pretty much through everything into it and get stronger the more I drink.”
- Cut out white foods. “I didn’t have the energy to think. I had brain fog because I was exhausted.” My remedy: Eat lean chicken and fish, sweet potatoes, legumes, vegetables and fruit.
- Guzzle H20. Cancer treatments, such as radiation, can leave you dehydrated. I carry a bottle of water with me at all times to help me stay refreshed.
- Try Replens Moisturizer. The over-the-counter, non-hormonal solution to one of the most common and painful side effects of cancer treatment --vaginal dryness and atrophy. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and drugs like Tamoxifen, Raloxifene, and Aromatase inhibitors, cause dryness all over—the face, eyes, body and vagina. Replens is available at every drug store and is the only alternative to hormone therapy for us cancer survivors.
- Aquaphor is terrific to heal sores from radiation, dry lips, etc.
- Use a good silicone Lubricant to ease sex—try Wet® Platinum® just before sex because Cancer, surgery and treatments can affect sexuality, causing side effects like difficulty with arousal, loss of desire and inability to achieve orgasm. Pain sex can also be an issue due to dryness. But, know that help can be as close as the neighborhood pharmacy or online shopping cart.
M.D. Anderson reports, “Women can use a water-based or silicone-based lubricant during sex or use a vaginal moisturizer to counter dryness or tightness in the vagina caused by cancer treatment. If the lubricants and moisturizers don’t help, another option is low-dose vaginal estrogen. For women who have had radiation therapy to the pelvic region, a vaginal dilator can reduce vaginal scarring or shrinking.”
- Think of Soul Source dilators as vaginal physical therapy help manage some of the side effects of chemotherapy by gently stretching the vaginal tissue, gradually making it more elastic and flexible over time. Remember, if you are using a silicone dilator, you want to use Wet’s water-based lube called, Wet® Original® Gel Lubricant, It’s also paraben-free, and kosher!
- Learn balance: take walks, baths, try yoga or meditation
Learn about supplements and helpful meds to get you back on track. Vitamin –D, Curamin (BCM-95), fish oil. There’s nothing wrong with asking your doctor about taking an anti-depressant to repair those wires that fell out of place during the trauma. Effexor helps with hot flashes too brought on my cancer treatment and early menopause. Personally, I was unable to take Effexor as it caused extreme nausea—so work with your doctor to find the one that’s best for you. Lexapro worked wonders for me and there is absolutely no shame in seeking Rx help.
Laugh a lot. I’m talkin’, Belly laugh! Have fun and surround yourself with positive energy. Lose the negative forces .
- Hang in there. Take every day as it comes and try to focus on the wonderful blessings in life—our family, friends and work—don’t let the brain jabber be all about dying. Remember it’s all about living and loving—because we are still here!
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
As you get older, any pressure on the bladder, such as sneezing, laughing, or jogging, or having SEX, may cause embarrassment, like leaking urine involuntarily…how unromantic! If you accidentally leak, you may have stress incontinence, which occurs when the muscles and tissue that help support the bladder become weak. This most commonly affects women in mid-life, after childbirth or when there is a drop in estrogen. It also affects both men and women during and after cancer treatment, as the nerves and muscles used to control urine flow can be affected. For men, removal of the prostate can impact the bladder’s mechanism for holding urine.
If you suffer with bladder issues, don’t despair because there is hope. Just like your hamstrings or biceps, the muscle tone of the pelvic floor can be improved. By strengthening these muscles, you can not only improve or eliminate stress incontinence, you can also improve your sexual health and responsiveness as well. By developing an awareness of these muscles, you can learn to tone them, which can help if you are experiencing vaginal dryness, difficulty maintaining arousal, painful intercourse or the inability to orgasm. A simple exercise plan for your pelvic floor is all you need.
To start your exercise plan, squeeze the muscles of the pelvic floor as if you were going to stop the flow of urine. To get the hang of it, when you go to the bathroom, try stopping the flow of urine a few times to find the muscles you need. It is not recommended that you continue to practice this way after identifying the muscles since a frequent stop of the urine flow can affect the muscles of the bladder over time. Just use it is a guideline to find the muscles. You can then do sets of 10 repetitions of squeezing and holding for 3 seconds at a time -- just as you would at the gym.
Strengthening your pelvic floor also intensifies the experience of orgasm. It will be your new favorite workout! To lessen friction, irritation and pressure during sex, be sure to use a top quality lubricant like Wet® Platinum® during foreplay and intercourse. It doesn’t absorb into the skin or get sticky like most water-based lubricants, and it will last for hours without needing to re-apply.
By Madeleine M Castellanos, MD
Baby, It’s Cold Outside!—Hot Holiday Stocking Stuffers and Ideas to Keep your Love Life Steaming Hot all Winter Long
Make your list and check it twice, this year being naughty has never felt so nice! Below are some sexy stocking stuffers and fun ideas to turn up the heat during those cold winter nights!
- Make a date to read Fifty Shades of Grey together in preparation for the Valentine’s Day movie.
- Make a romantic dinner, light the candles, chill the champagne or your favorite bottle of wine and slip into your sexiest negligee before you eat…don’t forget to feed each other your favorite finger foods.
- Act out a scandalous scene from the book.
- Draw a steamy tub for two, add Inttimo® By Wet® Aromatherapy Bath & Massage Oil to bathe each other. Once you are fresh and clean, take the oil to the bedroom and give each other an erotic massage.
- Pour an after dinner drink and share it in the bath
- Blindfold and feed your partner chocolate-dipped strawberries…very slowly
- Climb into bed and break open Wet® Nuru™ Body-On-Body Massage Gel to practice the ancient art of a sensual Japanese Massage --a nude body-on-body celebration of sensuality. The combination of moisturizing aloe vera, seaweed extract, grape seed and soothing chamomile flower extract are both intensely relaxing and highly stimulating, making for the perfect intimate experience.
- Break out some slippery Wet® Warming™ Gel --it gently heats on contact and warms with motion. Blow on it and…voila --you’ll both get hot as it gets warmer. And, it’s latex friendly.
- Or, if you’re still hungry try Wet® Flavored™ Gel Lubricants. They’re sugar-free, colorless, non-staining, kosher, latex friendly and perfect for oral sex. Flavors include kiwi strawberry, juicy watermelon, sweet cherry, wild blueberry and passion fruit punch.
- If you are practicing erotic, fun safe sex -- use a condom and be sure to keep it lubricated and friction-free with our most popular formula, Wet® Platinum® Premium Lubricant.
- To maintain maximum heat, repeat previous steps often throughout the season
# # #
Wet International, Inc. was founded by Michael Trigg in 1989, Trigg Laboratories, Inc. manufactures premium sexual wellness products at its 52,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility in Valencia, CA. Trigg Laboratories develops, formulates and packages all of Wet’s 80+ products onsite. Tested to comply with FDA's strict Medical Device Quality System Regulations (QSR) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), all formulas are developed to ensure exceptional purity, consistency and comfort levels. Currently available in 62 countries, Wet® is available at leading retailers nationwide. www.stayswetlonger.com.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
These tricks are a treat for you both. Pick one or two and cast a romantic spell on your partner this weekend.
1. Ask about their day. Be sure to listen to the answers. Don’t try to fix anything. Just listen.
2. Give a foot rub while you are sitting on the couch together—Inttimo by Wet™ Aromatherapy Massage & Bath Oil Invigorate™ with refreshing eucalyptus & citrus works wonders on tired feet.
3. Leave notes for your partner that shows them you are thinking of them. Short and sweet or descriptive and sexy.
4. Public displays of affection can be hot and showing the world you are together will make your lover feel special. Just be sure it’s within the comfort range of your partner and be respectful those around you.
5. Leave a bottle of Wet® Flavored™ Kiwi Strawberry™ lubricant where your lover can find it and when they ask about it, you tell them you’d like your treat now!
6. Body-on-Body Massage...Have you tried Nuru massage? Nuru is a sensual Japanese technique where both partners are completely nude and use full body contact to perform the massage with a thick, ultra-slippery, sexy gel like Wet® Nuru Massage Gel. Learn How to Nuru on Wet’s YouTube Channel.
7. Shower together. Take time to clean every inch of your partner’s body and let them do the same for you. Wet® Platinum® Premium Lubricant is perfect when getting wet together because it doesn’t break down in water…just remember to use caution as Wet Platinum is extremely slippery.
8. Go shopping together. Surprise them and swing by your local adult specialty boutique. Pick out a new toy and a bottle of Wet® Ecstasy® Xtra Cooling Lubricant™. When you dab a few drops over your partner’s erogenous zones then gently blow on those areas, you’ll send gentle shivers of anticipation up your lover’s spine.
9. Tell them you love how they kiss. This is a definite turn on for many.
10. Wake up your partner’s sexual appetite by cooking together. Standing close together and feeding each other as you do can be very erotic. You can also go straight to dessert with Wet® Fun Flavors® Warming, Flavored, Massage, and Lubricant all-in-one!
We know it’s Halloween but doing these things will potentially scare that love interest away faster than you can say Trick-or-Treat.
1. Saying “I love you” too soon. It takes time to get to know someone and really value them. You might feel like you’re in love but that might be lust talking. Wait until you know for sure.
2. Asking to meet their parents or children. It’s usually best to let someone choose when this is appropriate. People are naturally protective of their inner circle. Don’t force the issue in a new relationship.
3. Arguing against the things they are passionate about like political views or being vegan. If you don’t agree on some fundamental things, it’s time to decide if it’s going to be a big turn off down the road or if it’s something you can learn to live with.
4. Constantly talking about your ex (either positively or negatively). Nobody wants to feel like they are being compared to someone else.
5. Only talking about yourself. Most people want to know that you are interested in what is going on with them. Take time to find out each time you are together.
6. Insisting on moving in together or leaving bridal magazines all over the house. Let the relationship happen naturally. Things will fall into place if it is meant to be.
7. Going shopping or out to eat and expecting the other person to pay for everything, every time…If this is something that is important for you, it needs to be agreed upon in the very beginning of the relationship.
8. Texting or sexting your lover non-stop. How can they miss you if you won’t go away?
9. Talk about having kids and how many. This one is tricky. It is definitely important to talk about kids if you are set on having a certain number within a certain time frame. You need to determine if a potential mate has goals similar to yours. Just try to find a way to do it that doesn’t make it sound like you need to have them right now!
10. Judging their friends or family when you haven’t met them yet. Don’t let gossip or things you see on Facebook determine your opinion of someone you don’t know. If a person is important to your new love, they are probably going to be important to you going forward. Give them the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. Oh, and don't change your Facebook status too early either. Awkward.