Want some date ideas that won't leave you without any pocket change?
What do you do when ‘date night’ has become a luxury? Dinner and a movie for two people on a Friday night can cost well over 100 bucks. So what are you going to do the rest of the weekend? We’ve put together a list of 50 cheap date ideas that won’t force you to break open your piggy bank.
1. Spend an afternoon at your local arboretum.
2. Go ice skating.
3. Go bowling.
4. Go to a movie during the day and enjoy the show at matinee prices.
5. Make dinner at home and then go out for dessert.
6. Go on an art gallery walk.
7. Go to see an author at a bookstore.
8. Go on a picnic.
9. Go for a drive in the country and stop for fresh fruits and veggies at a local farm stand.
10. Go for a walk in a nearby dog park – take treats for the puppies.
11. Go for a bike ride.
12. Go on a photo safari.
13. Take a walking tour sponsored by a local historical society.
14. Get tickets for your community or regional musical theatre group’s performance.
15. Volunteer together at a local fundraising gala.
16. Take a fitness class at the gym.
17. Find a community yoga class.
18. Have a movie marathon at home.
19. Go window shopping in an area you’ve never been to before.
20. Visit a science or interactive museum.
21. Take public transportation to a coffee house on the other side of town.
22. Camp out with pillows and blankets in front of the fire in the living room.
23. Play cards.
24. One word: Yahtzee!
25. Make mac and cheese or tuna noodle casserole together in the kitchen.
26. Go to the planetarium or observatory.
27. Take a bubble bath.
28. Ride on a Ferris Wheel.
29. Go to a Planetarium.
30. Go skinny dipping!
31. Go to Seven-Eleven for Slurpees!
32. Go out for ice cream cones.
33. Make a scrapbook.
34. Go to the zoo.
35. Make cookies.
36. Go to the local aquarium.
37. Take an art class.
38. Kiss in the rain.
39. Make a snowman and snow angels in the backyard.
40. Go to a wine bar.
41. Play ‘Truth Or Dare.’
42. Go on a beach walk.
43. Go shopping at the flea market.
44. Go to a free screening of a foreign film at the library.
45. Go out just for drinks.
46. Leave separately and meet at a coffee house.
47. Have a relative teach you both how to make a family recipe.
48. Make out on a public bench.
49. Go for a nature hike.