Friday, March 21, 2014
Sex Myth’s Busted: Anal Sex Is Only For Gay Men & Anal Sex Hurts
1. “Isn’t it too dirty? I mean physically dirty there?” Many people prefer to do an enema prior to having anal sex because they think it’s going to be a dirty place. It’s actually not as dirty as you might think. The rectum and anal canal do not typically store fecal matter. That said, you should not penetrate the vaginal area immediately following anal sex unless the toy or penis is cleaned well with mild soap and water first to avoid any vaginal infections.
2. “Won’t having anal sex stretch out my anus too much and cause me to have “accidents” in the future?” This is another idea that is pure myth. Similar to the vagina, the external and internal sphincters are flexible muscles and can accommodate various sizes without the possibility of losing complete control over them. There is a possibility of damaging or tearing the muscles so it is important that you go slowly, relax, use lots of lubricant and stop if there is any pain.
3. “But if I give him anal, will he want to do vaginal sex any longer?” Yes, the anal entry is tighter than the vaginal opening, however, this is not a major concern. Most partners, we find, want to keep their options…well, open.
4. “Will it harm me? Will it be painful? Having sex anally?” It shouldn’t be harmful nor should it be painful. First, take it slowly. Second, be sure to use that one key ingredient for anal sex--personal lubricant, it should within reach say on or in your nightstand. We recommend Wet Platinum Premium Personal Lubricant or Wet Uranus Anal Lubricant. Wet Uranus is specifically formulated to provide the lubrication that the anus cannot create on its own. Remember to use it liberally and often.
5. “If I am not worried about getting pregnant, do I need to use a condom?” We suggest that you do use a condom—every time. We always advocate safe sex, as anal sex is a high risk activity for transmitting and contracting STDs. Talk to your doctor if you have had unprotected anal sex even if you believe yourself to be in a monogamous relationship. Also, as previously stated, it is also a good idea to use Wet Platinum Premium Personal Lubricant on the condom; this will reduce the risk of breakage due to the vigorous use in a dry area like the anus.
Remember to always have consent before trying anal sex with your partner. If you find this information helpful, be sure to forward it to a friend. You’d be surprised how many can benefit from an open dialog about sex. Wet Uranus Anal Lubricant is available at most local adult boutiques or online at Buywet.com, where discreet shipping is available.
Lori S. Choi, Blogger for Wet Personal Lubricants